Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3/7 - Loux

No workouts of merit today. A weekend of snowshoeing and skiing did help the training.

Of note in the "learn to withstand pain" category, I got hit by a car on my bike yesterday. Pitch dark nearing 8 p.m. with small blinky lights on the front and back of the bike. I assumed that the car - some 30 feet away from the stop sign at 12th and California - would indeed stop and let my bike go through. But it was not to be. So I jammed on the brakes and swerved, thus avoiding a more serious crash and managing only a stinger on my elbow. The bike, miraculously, was unscathed. So remarkably, all no big deal and I can now chalk up bike-car crash survivor on my resume.

In short, Santa Monica can bike lane itself 'till the cows come home but it needs to choke the life out of LA's car culture first and foremost. Next up on the workout regimen is runaway bus dodging.

No comments:

Post a Comment